Space Mission: Survival - Mobile Update
A rather large update to the mobile version of Space Mission: Survival has finally been released on the Apple App Store, Amazon Store, and Google Play. After about a month of work on the update, Version 2.0 is live! Changes include:
- Larger UI for smaller devices (phones)
- Additional Achievements
- For iOS, partial Achievements
- Support for multiple languages… English, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and Klingon. That’s right… KLINGON. Other languages coming soon.
For those interested in the development side, SM:S is written in CoronaSDK, and has the following features:
- The language translation features were developed using the plugin I wrote called GBC Language Cabinet. You can use it too… it’s available on the Corona Market for FREE.
- Persistent data is being managed by another plugin I wrote called GBC Data Cabinet. Again, another FREE plugin for Corona Developers to use.
- I implemented IAP using a plugin called IAP Badger. A great plugin to make in-app purchase development easy. Support is great too.