Version 1.2 of GBC Language Cabinet has been uploaded to the Corona Plugin Market, and should be available at this time. This release provides some more debugging messages within the simulator, as well as a helper function to determine the language setting on the device.
A rather large update to the mobile version of Space Mission: Survival has finally been released on the Apple App Store, Amazon Store, and Google Play. After about a month of work on the update, Version 2.0 is live! Changes include:
- Larger UI for smaller devices (phones)
- Additional Achievements
- For iOS, partial Achievements
- Support for multiple languages… English, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and Klingon. That’s right… KLINGON. Other languages coming soon.
For those interested in the development side, SM:S is written in CoronaSDK, and has the following features:
- The language translation features were developed using the plugin I wrote called GBC Language Cabinet. You can use it too… it’s available on the Corona Market for FREE.
- Persistent data is being managed by another plugin I wrote called GBC Data Cabinet. Again, another FREE plugin for Corona Developers to use.
- I implemented IAP using a plugin called IAP Badger. A great plugin to make in-app purchase development easy. Support is great too.